Main formatting requirements to the materials submitted to the "Media Linguistics" journal
- Materials are received by e-mail in .rtf files. The file’s name should consist of the author’s family name and the total number of characters in the text. For example: Johnson_22900.rtf.
- The maximum volume of articles accepted for publication is 40,000 characters, including spaces. The desired volume is 30,000 characters.
- The following sections must necessarily be present in the text: (a) the statement of the problem, (b) the history of the issue; (c) a description of the research methodology, (d) analysis of the material, (e) research results; (e) conclusions (at least 2 paragraphs).
- There should be at least 15 sources in the references section.
- Abstracts in Russian and in English should be at least 150 words each.
- The list of key words (duplicated in Russian and English) should contain 5 words or less; it is desirable to use each key word in the article’s main text at least once in the initial form of the word.
- Margins: left margin = 3 cm, right = 2 cm, upper = 2 cm, bottom = 2 cm.
- Font and the point size: Times New Roman Cyr 14 (main text) and Times New Roman Cyr 12 (the header complex and references).
- Alignment: justified.
- Indent: 1,25 pt.
- Line spacing: 1.5 pt.
- The paragraph spacing: 0 pt (please do not increase the interval between paragraphs or leave empty strings in the article’s body).
- Formatting of the header complex: 12 pt, italic, left-aligned.
- In the first line of the header complex please specify the UDC, BBK and GRNTI codes, as well as the CODE of VAC.
Next, passing the line, you must specify:
- the initials and surname of the author (authors);
- the city and country;
- the article’s title (in capital letters);
- the annotation (no less than 150 words);
- the list of key words (5 words or less; it is desirable to use each key word in the article’s main text at least once in the initial form of the word);
- the information about the authors in the sequence provided in the sample (the authors’ position, Department and organization must be specified fully, without abbreviations: for example, St. Petersburg state University instead of SPbSU).
- The header complex consists of two identical parts. First goes the Russian header, and then, passing the line, the header complex should be duplicated in the English language. If you have considerable problems with translating your header into Russian, please provide only the English header.
- Please don’t use tables and figures without strong necessity. Necessary schemes should be attached in a separate file each. In the file name the index number of the illustration in the text should be indicated. References on the accompanying illustrations must be provided in the text.
- Inside the main text, please use italics only to highlight text examples. The key ideas or notional accents can be marked out by sparse font.
- You only need to use in-text links according in compliance with the following standard: [Morrison 2007: 57].
- Please do not use paginal footnotes, only numbered endnotes.
- The “References” section must contain at least 15 references.
- Font size = 12.
- If your article’s language is other than English, the “References” section should be duplicated in English transliteration (see the example in the downloadable file).
- The sequence of elements of the bibliographic description is traditional (the author – the name of the city – the year of publication).
- Not more than two references to own works are allowed.
The editors reserve the right to reject the article in case of mismatch with technical requirements.